Lakesiders are invited to submit photos to be featured in the 2015 Calendar of Events brochure, as well as social media, the website and blog.
Images should represent people enjoying Lakeside through photos of families, traditions, children, religion, education, cultural arts (special events and programming), recreation, landscape or architecture.
Deadline for submission is Wednesday, Oct. 1, 2014. The limit is five photos per photographer.
Winning photos will be chosen for the Calendar of Events brochure and the photographer will receive a (one-day) Daily Chautauqua Pass for 2015.
Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (419) 798-4461, ext. 277.
How to Enter
- Name each photo by last name, first name and number them each from 1-5. (For example: Smith, John 1; Smith, John 2; etc.)
- Send digital copies as attachments to email@example.com.
- The email subject line should read ‘Lakeside Photo Contest.’
- Include name, address, email address, phone number, age, photo information and the date each photo was taken in the email message.
- Limit of five photos per person may be entered.
- Both vertical and horizontal images will be accepted with the option for Lakeside Chautauqua to crop images as needed.
- Photos must be submitted digitally as high-quality, high-resolution JPEG files.
- Photos must be taken at Lakeside within the last five years.
- Winning photo(s) are not guaranteed the cover of the brochure, social media, the website or blog.
- Images must be in natural color. Black and white, sepia tone, duotone, Instagram filtered and altered images are not eligible.
- Panoramic photos are eligible this year.
- Digital images will not be returned.
- No borders or frames may be added to images.
- No watermarks, signatures, copyright notices or photo time/date stamps may be added to images.
- All winning images will be displayed in the Calendar of Events brochure, social media, the Lakesider newspaper, website and blog.
- Photos containing recognizable people must have consent of the person to be submitted.
- Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any image submitted.
- All entrants give Lakeside Chautauqua permission to use the entries for promotion, publicity or informational education of Lakeside without monetary compensation.
Ownership/Use of Rights
Photographers retain the copyright of their photographs. By entering the contest, photographers agree to have their submitted photograph displayed in the Calendar of Events brochure, social media, the website, blog, Lakesider newspaper ads, etc. without any fee or other form of compensation, and agree that Lakeside may display photos in any promotional materials and retain it for archival purposes. Entries (including non-winning entries) may be selected for display or use in other Lakeside materials.
Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, photographic quality and effectiveness in conveying the Chautauqua spirit and the beauty and character of Lakeside for specific panels of the brochure, social media posts, pages on the website or blog articles. A Lakeside panel will judge the entries. The Lakeside panel, including graphic design, marketing and public relations professionals, will judge the entries.