Staff Blogger: Jessica Kidd, Advancement Manager
As Lakeside Chautauqua joins #GivingTuesday, a national day of giving on December 2, 2014, we invite you to share the spirit of giving with your own children or grandchildren.
Teaching a younger generation about the power of giving is as simple as showing them how in real and tangible ways.
Include giving as part of your holiday conversation, and identify ways you can give to others as a family. The memories of these acts of kindness will last a lifetime.
Here are some fun ways you can help teach your children or grandchildren about giving during this joyous holiday season:
- In the spirit of Chautauqua, help your children or grandchildren to be generous and serve others. Volunteer in your community, help a neighbor or prepare dinner for a friend.
- On #GivingTuesday, encourage young ones to write a special note to an organization they’re involved with, including a cultural arts museum, music school, church or botanical garden.
- In December, give a donation to Lakeside or your favorite charity as a family, and talk about how your gift will help others.
- Have your children or grandchildren collect toys they are no longer using or clothes they have outgrown, and donate them to a family in need.
- Share the reasons why you support your community, charity or special cause with the next generation.
We invite you to make this a family project during the giving season. Share with us how your family is giving and sharing this holiday season – post a comment below or on our Facebook or Twitter pages, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (419) 798-5396.