For more than 51 years, the miniature golf course has been a gathering place for families to celebrate each hole-in-one victory and to reconnect along the lake. The laughter and cheers from players of all ages can be heard across the putting greens.
Over the years, the huge volume of families has put wear and tear on the historic facility. There are many repairs that need to be made.
The concrete at the mini-golf course is sinking, and the water runoff is draining into the holes. The bumper edging is rotting slightly and will need to be replaced soon.
Some of the obstacles are also deteriorating and need to be creatively redesigned and rebuilt. The putting greens wear quickly, and some are worn more than others.
The landscaping also needs to be refreshed, and several plants and bushes need to be replaced.
To help with the #GivingTuesday initiative to enhance the miniature golf course, Bernice and Doyle Dillon and an anonymous family are giving a generous challenge gift of more than $50,000 to encourage Lakesiders to give a first-time gift or a second gift on #GivingTuesday.
We would like to thank these families for their love of the miniature golf course and for their generosity.
Will you give a gift on #GivingTuesday? To participate:
- Make an online donation today, or call (419) 798-5396 with method of payment.
- Checks may be made payable to the ‘Lakeside Chautauqua Foundation,’ 236 Walnut Ave., Lakeside, OH 43440 with ‘#GivingTuesday’ in the memo line.
- Double the impact of your gift through your employer’s matching gift program.
- Share how your family is participating in this national day of giving on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #GivingTuesday.
- Tell your Chautauqua story to friends and invite them to participate in #GivingTuesday by giving a gift to an organization or cause they cherish.