It’s raining in Lakeside. Families gather on the front porch for an afternoon of games to slow the pace.
This year, wouldn’t it be fun to add a new game that makes the trip back to Lakeside?
Below is a list of some great, new board games for a day of family fun. Not to mention they would make a great Christmas gift.
- Run Wild: This is a card game with simple rules and a quick pace. Players make matches, and the first with an empty hand wins. Run Wild is an exciting game for the whole family, even younger children, too.
- Telestrations: Do you remember sitting around the dinner table and playing telephone? This game is just like telephone, only with markers. One player sketches; the next players try to guess what it is, then draw something based on their guess. There is sure to be some laughter on the front porch while playing this game.
- Word on the Street:One group spells words that fit into categories, but the other groups can steal your letters. Check it out if you like a challenge and want to learn some new words.
- Sort It Out! Players sort things according to time, weight, speed and so on. You are sure to learn some new trivia with this game, and laugh along the way with family.
- Shake Up: Players get colored pieces and win by dropping the colored pieces into safe zone holes. The dice adds a slight challenge. How far you’re able to go depends upon the numbers you roll. Shake up the dice and see if luck is on your side.
Do any of these games already get packed when your car heads back to Lakeside Chautauqua?
- Chutes & Ladders
- Candy Land
What are your families’ favorite games to play when spending time at the lake? What are your favorite games to play on the front porch of your cottage? What are your grandma and grandpa’s favorite games to play? Tell us in the comments below.