Staff Blogger: Melissa Kunz, Content Manager
Happy New Year, Lakesiders!
There are so many things to consider while you’re making your 2015 resolutions – What goals to do you want to achieve in the New Year? How can you keep yourself on track to achieve your goals? How many resolutions should you set?
People tend to gravitate toward more traditional resolutions, such as losing weight, exercising more, saving money, finding true love or reorganizing the house.
This year, why not set some new resolutions or make them together as a family? This is the perfect time to include Lakeside Chautauqua in your family plans for 2015.
- Try something new. Step outside your comfort zone and experience something you’ve been afraid to try or never even thought of trying. You never know, you may discover a hidden passion in the process.
- Plan your 2015 vacation to Lakeside Chautauqua, and book an extra-long weekend in addition to your normal, annual visit. There are some exciting preachers, educational lectures, Hoover Auditorium performances and recreational opportunities to explore.
- Send a Lakeside friend a postcard from your hometown. Let them know you’re thinking of them and when you plan on visiting Lakeside in 2015.
- Skip your birthday gifts this year, and invite your family and friends to send a special gift to support your favorite Lakeside program, historic building or favorite garden instead.
- Get more rest and relaxation. It’s so easy to get caught up in our daily routines and forget about taking time to slow the pace and renew ourselves. Plan a spontaneous weekend trip back to Lakeside for some rest and renewal.
- Give something you’re passionate about a little more attention this year. Volunteering is a great way to give back in 2015 and help make a difference. Visit Lakeside in the spring and plan to volunteer during Spring Cleanup Day on Saturday, April 25.
- Share Lakeside with a friend by adding them to our mailing list. A Calendar of Events will be mailed to their home for an exciting preview of the 2015 Chautauqua season programming. Email your name and home address to email@example.com.
- Have you been meaning to clean the cottage? This makes for a great rainy day activity. Make it a goal to clean one room each rainy afternoon. It breaks up a huge task so it doesn’t seem so consuming by doing it all in one day.
- Setting up a workout routine or losing weight may be on your resolutions list again this year, by try it in a different way. Participate in the 5k Raccoon Run for the first time or create a team for the Team Triathlon.
- Spend more time with loved ones. Plan a weekly movie or game night, or plan to eat dinner as a family every Sunday. This year, dedicate time to come together as a family at Lakeside.
We also asked our Facebook community what New Year’s resolutions they were setting this year. Below are their responses, in hopes they spark an idea or interest for you this year.
“I want to win the lottery so that I can purchase a vacation home at Lakeside.” – Lori Littleton Taggart
Mary Kay White, Katie Gibson Browning, Leanne Owens and Jeff Marshall responded by saying they all want to spend as much time at Lakeside as they can this summer with family and friends.
After reading about all these great ideas, what New Year’s resolutions are you setting this year? Are you making some as a family or individually? How do you achieve your resolutions? Tell us in the comments below.