Lakeside is challenging families to enter a poster in new competition titled, ‘Can’t Wait for Lakeside to Open the Summer Season’ Poster Contest.
Families are encouraged to work together to create a foam board poster displaying what they are looking forward to this summer at Lakeside. The artwork can be a drawing, painting, collage, mural or story about what your family loves about Lakeside.
The goal of this contest is to share our community’s love and passion for different experiences in Lakeside.
Entries must be created or mounted to a 20″ x 30″ foam board poster, which can be found at office supply stores or major retailers.
The ‘Can’t Wait for Lakeside to Open the Summer Season’ poster boards will be displayed in the Hoover Auditorium lobby throughout Memorial Day weekend, the 2015 Bonus Weekend and during Labor Day weekend.
The poster boards will be judged by the community during Memorial Day weekend, and awards will be announced at the Jack Hanna “Into the Wild – Live” show at 7 p.m. Sunday, May 24.
Ballots will be available at the Hoover Information Desk during the Friday, May 22 and Saturday, May 23 Hoover performances.
Contest rules include:
- The poster must be made of foam board
- The poster must be white and measure 20” x 30” (recommended thickness is 3/16” or 1/4”)
- The design must be in a vertical/portrait format
- The poster must be light enough to hang from wire on the display walls of Hoover Auditorium. Staff will drill two small holes for hanging on the top corners of the board
- The design should represent a drawing, painting, collage, mural or story about Lakeside
- The design must include the family’s name and year (easily read) in the front, lower, right-hand corner of the poster
- Only one poster per immediate family
- Submit to the Hoover Auditorium lobby from 6-8:30 p.m. Friday May 22 and 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday May 23
- Posters will remain with Lakeside Chautauqua throughout the season, and can be picked up following the Hoover Auditorium concert on Sunday, Sept. 6
For questions, contact email@example.com.