A summer season at Lakeside Chautauqua wouldn’t be complete without a handful of rainy days. But don’t let a little water stop you from enjoying your time on Lake Erie.
We asked our Facebook fans what they enjoy doing on rainy days in Lakeside. With their help, we created a list of the top 10 things to do on a rainy day.
- Every day of the week, informative lectures and an inspirational Daily Chaplain’s Hour take place. Both of these are exciting and will keep you dry on a rainy day.
9. Explore a featured exhibit in Hoover Auditorium
- Throughout the summer Chautauqua Season, there are several exhibits in the lobby of the Hoover Auditorium. The Kathrine C. Crampton Memorial Art Show will be in Hoover until Aug. 1 and the Lakeside Photography Show will begin on Aug. 4.
8. Take a tour of Heritage Hall and the Archives
- Spend a rainy afternoon brushing up on your Lakeside facts and take a tour of Heritage Hall. Learn more about Lakeside’s past and discover your favorite part of Lakeside’s history.
7. Participate in indoor kids programs
- Indoor children’s programs are offered every day. There are a variety of Rhein Center classes offered in the mornings and afternoons, and Bradley Temple hosts Ring & Sing and Fun with Music Monday through Friday.
6. Watch an Orchestra Hall Movie
- Movies and rainy days go hand in hand. With a new movie every week and two showing times per day, Orchestra Hall movies are perfect for any rainy day or evening.
5. Try a new recipe for the family
- Rainy days are the perfect opportunity to test out that new summer recipe you’ve been meaning to try. Make it a family affair and get everyone to pitch in. And of course, if it doesn’t quite turn out, there is always Sloopy’s.
4. Have a family game night
- Rain means family time indoors. Take the opportunity to play some board games or break out a new puzzle and have some fun together.
3. Browse the Lakeside Business District
- Spend time exploring all the businesses in the Lakeside Business District. With a variety of different shops and restaurants, there is plenty to look at all afternoon.
2. Read a book on your front porch
- Take time to finally finish the summer book that has been tucked away in your beach bag. Grab a blanket, head out to your front porch and read to the soothing sound of the rain.
1. Grab an umbrella and take a walk along Ohio’s Most Beautiful Mile
- Rain or shine, every day is a beautiful day in Lakeside. Grab your rain gear and take a walk along Ohio’s Most Beautiful Mile. Watch the waves on the rocks and enjoy the Lake Erie breeze.
What’s your favorite rainy day activity? How do you spend your rainy days in Lakeside? Where is your favorite spot to sit and watch the rain? Tells us on The Front Porch in the comments below.