Staff Blogger: Kelsey Pepa, Marketing & Digital Communications Intern
During my internship, I came to see that Lakeside is so much more than a few shops, restaurants, a couple hotels and an auditorium—it’s a community.
Unfortunately, being an intern has a bad rep in the professional world. You may know some people who did not enjoy being an intern and always felt talked down upon. I’m here to tell you that is not the case at Lakeside.
It can be pretty scary at first when you’re just starting out because you’re so afraid to make a mistake, but my supervisors went above and beyond to make sure I felt comfortable with my daily tasks and they were always patient.
Need more convincing?
Here are 15 reasons why you should apply for an internship at Lakeside:
2. Cottages of all colors line the streets and each one has a different name. You’ll definitely have a favorite by the end of summer!
3. The supervisors here are very down-to-earth and are quick to help you learn.
4. You won’t believe how great your resume will look by the end of the summer. Seriously, it will be completely revamped.
5. There are places nearby to enjoy like Kelleys Island, Put-In-Bay, Cedar Point and the surrounding Marblehead area.
6. Every Tuesday and Friday there is a Farmers’ Market in the downtown area that offers fresh fruit, vegetables, baked goods and other homemade goodies to satisfy all your hunger needs.
8. There are many opportunities for growth whether it’s personal, career-wise, spiritual, etc.
10. Do you like ice cream? If so, you’re in for a real treat. There is an endless supply, and you won’t be judged for enjoying it at breakfast, lunch or dinner.
11. You can spend your days off swimming in the lake, paddle boarding with friends, reading a book along Ohio’s Most Beautiful Mile and more!
12. You can take an art class at the Rhein Center. Check out this blog about a previous intern’s experience with creating a fused glass bracelet.
13. Lakeside has a diverse culture, and there’ll be many opportunities for you to meet new people and network.
14. You’ll make long-lasting friendships, and it will make you wonder how you ever lived without these people before.
15. There’s so much to do here that you have to plan ahead because, before you know it, summer will come to an end.
This is only the beginning of what you can experience in Lakeside, and I can assure you that, once you’re here, you’ll have a hard time leaving.
For more information or to find out how to apply for a summer internship, visit www.lakesideohio.com/employment/lakeside-leadership-academy.