As warmer weather approaches, it brings to mind many thoughts of renewal and regeneration. Spring brings us baby animals, new growth in our gardens and rain that washes away the dreariness of winter. What better time to begin something new in your own life?
This spring, let’s take a closer look at our wellness routines. Are you happy with your choices? Would you like to do better?
In Lakeside, we’ve been discussing wellness for a while now. We’re thrilled to be opening the Grindley Aquatic & Wellness Campus this year, and we look forward to incorporating even more healthful opportunities for the mind, body and spirit into the Lakeside Chautauqua experience over the years to come.
- Park a little farther from the entrance when you go shopping.
- Write down one thing for which you are grateful each day.
- Drink a glass of water with lemon instead of pop with your meal in a restaurant.
- Put on some music, and dance while preparing meals.
- Experiment with other spices to add healthier flavor to your meals instead of salt and butter.
- Use the stairs whenever possible.
- Take a few minutes at the end of each day to reflect. Identify and appreciate the best points, and learn from and let go of the worst.
- Make one night a week Salad Night. Choose veggies, fruits and nuts or beans instead of unhealthier toppings like bacon, cheese and croutons.
- Plan a regular family game night.
What small steps will you take to begin improving your wellness this year?