Staff Blogger: Ellen Venema, Rhein Center Assistant Coordinator
This year, why not carry this tradition into the spring, with a variation for Easter. Try making graham cracker roosts for marshmallow chicks or graham cracker hutches for chocolate rabbits.
The abundance of colorful candies available around Easter may make excellent cobblestone pathways or roofing tiles. A little food coloring and coconut would make the perfect nest for some Easter eggs.
Here is a list of the basic materials to get you started. Let your imagination wander, and see what you can create!
- A board, plate or stiff, flat surface for each project so they will be portable when completed
- Tin foil or plastic wrap to cover the board so everything will remove clean later
- Plastic sandwich bag with the corner cut off to apply frosting
- Graham crackers
- Candies and cereals of all shapes, sizes and colors (Don’t go too crazy! Maybe do some design planning before you shop)
- Marshmallow or chocolate animals
Are there other structures you and your family can brainstorm for some collaborative fun this week?