The Chautauqua season is here, which means the last day contractors can perform “exterior work” is Friday, June 10.
The construction deadline is imposed so cottage owners can enjoy the peace and quiet of Lakeside during the Chautauqua season.
However, there are a few exceptions and additional details:
- Homeowners are allowed to do “exterior work” if they are doing the work themselves.
- Contractors are allowed to quietly perform interior work as long as they park on the customers’ property and do not block any roads.
- All contractors must have a Contractor Gate Pass during the Chautauqua season by registering with the Gate Supervisor at the Fifth Street Gate.
- No dumpster, truck or trailer longer than 20’ is allowed in Lakeside during the Chautauqua season.
- No construction is allowed on Sundays.
- Everyone should be mindful of quietly performing any work during the Chautauqua season.
For questions or emergency repairs, call or email the Historic Preservation & Design Review Board (HP-DRB) at 419-798-4461, ext. 244 or email@example.com.
New construction deadline in 2023 will now be the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend.