The Lakeside Leadership Academy (LLA) welcomes a new class of interns to Lakeside Chautauqua.
Recruitment for this popular internship opportunity began in the fall of 2014 when the LLA Planning Committee assessed last year’s program and reworked many positions to accommodate Lakeside’s growing needs.
A Photography/Graphic Design Intern was added this year to handle the volume of photos needed to grow photo database in the Marketing Department. As well as working on some graphic design projects throughout the summer.
Many applicants were first-time Lakesiders, while others had been visiting the Chautauqua community their entire lives. Applicants were pooled from a variety of sources including job fairs, university career centers, and connections within the Lakeside community.
Over the past few weeks, the 14 new interns have quickly adjusted to the fast-paced nature of the Chautauqua community by coordinating Memorial Day weekend events and preparing details for several upcoming projects.
The LLA program provides opportunities for interns to grow in their career paths by developing valuable skills and hands-on learning experiences, as well as providing networking connections.
In addition to these added benefits that Lakeside Chautauqua provides, LLA interns are given a stipend, free housing and a season Chautauqua Pass/Auto Pass to participate in all of the Chautauqua programs.
There are few internships available that combine professional work experience, Chautauqua programming and life on the lake.
This year’s 2015 Lakeside Leadership Academy Class includes:
- Rena Arter, Advancement & Communications Intern
- Martina Baca, Journalism/Newspaper Editor Intern
- Alexander Bartos, Accounting/IT Intern
- Nora Cuthbertson, Guest Services Intern
- Melanie Edris, Conference & Event Planning Intern
- Josh Hilgenberg, Advancement & Communications Intern
- Rebecca Humphreys, Accounting/IT Intern
- Alyssa Jones, Advancement & Communications Intern
- Noah Manskar, Journalism/Newspaper Editor Intern
- Mollie McCarthy, Hospitality Management Intern
- Rachel Meert, Photography/Graphic Design Intern
- Emily Messino, Conference & Event Planning Intern
- Lindsey Schrock, Arts/Entertainment Management Intern
- Mikaela Wilmoth, Youth Education/Music Intern